Older carpets begin to show wear, especially in commercial and office settings where foot traffic is heavy. The dust and dirt on the bottom of all the shoes build up in the carpets’ fibres until they hardly feel like carpeting at all.
The dirt and grit left in the fibres of the carpet act like sandpaper, working with the bottoms of shoes to walk the surface of your carpet quite literally out the door.
Regular carpet vacuuming is the key to preserving your investment.
Commercial carpeting is a high cost, and for all companies, the hope is to stave off its replacement if possible. If, as a business owner, you are lucky enough to have a conscientious employee to take on that responsibility properly, you have won half the battle.
More and more though, especially for larger businesses, that duty has gone to the owner’s dialing finger.
Carpets are one of the first things noticed as clients and customers walk into a commercial space. How you care for your business space reflects your company’s image, so most businesses are now maintained by a ‘cleaning service’ like JDI.
A twice a year deep clean:
Spring is the perfect time to consider a restorative deep clean for your business’ carpets. Most commercial carpets only need two deep cleans per year, with regular vacuuming in between.
One of the best ways to remove the build-up of winter dirt and grit is to use the ‘Water Extraction Cleaning Method’, which refers to the extraction of hot water sprayed on the carpet using a commercial spraying machine. This ensures your carpets’ longevity by simultaneously injecting hot water into the carpet, loosening and cleaning then suctioning the dirt and hot water back out into the commercial machine’s extractor.
Pros: Little or no harsh detergents are used during an Extraction Carpet Cleaning, making it a non-invasive method of cleaning your carpets.
Many people are sensitive to or are allergic to chemicals and detergents. Companies that use this carpet cleaning method will make people more comfortable while they are in your space which is a winning business combination.
Little or no chemicals are used, which is essential, both for the environment, and the avoidance of increased sensitivity to chemicals among people.
Coffee stains: Stains should be treated individually, and if taken care of early, there is a better chance of removing it completely. If you have a large coffee spill on your carpet and you would like to remove it on your own, follow these steps:
• Blot the spill as much as possible until it feels dry to the touch with a cloth or paper towel.
• In a medium-sized bowl, add a drop of dish soap, approx- ½ cup of white vinegar and a small amount of hot water. You should test the vinegar solution in a small area where it will not be noticed to check the vinegar isn’t lightening the carpet.
• Leave the test spot for ½ hr, then blot it with a paper towel to dry it as much as possible to best judge its reaction.
• If it is ok to use on the primary stain, add a little more boiling water and apply it with a brush or cloth.
• Rub it into the stain and leave it for 10 minutes.
• Blot as much as possible until it feels dry to the touch.
• Add fresh hot water and re-blot.
At JDI, we do cleaning right.
With offices across Ontario, you are never far from a proper clean.
Call or email to learn about the different cleaning packages to fit your business needs.
This post was written by JDI Cleaning Systems